MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pizza Meatball and Noodle Soup


This soup was amazing! And there was enough for leftovers. :) One thing I would say is it needed extra tomato sauce and maybe beef broth. After two bowls all the juice was gone and It was disappointing! :( Jeremy was sweet enough to buy another can of tomato sauce the next day for leftovers. I just cooked it again for 10 mins on the stove top. :) This was served with the Panini I made in the previous recipe and the bruschetta.

What you need:
1 can beef broth 14 ounces
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrot
2 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti, broken
1/2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
8 ounces frozen full-cooked Italian-style meatballs, thawed
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce (I'd buy an extra can just in case!)
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Combine broth, onion, carrot in large saucepan. Add spaghetti. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 mins.
2. Add Zucchini, meatballs and tomato sauce to broth mixture. Return to boil. Reduce heat and cover and simmer 8 to 9 mins or until meatballs are heated through and spaghetti is tender, stirring frequently. Ladle into bowls, Spring with mozzarella cheese.

Prep Time: 15 mins
Makes 2 to 4 servings


Here is a photo of all the things I made that night for dinner:




Photos from this recipe: Pizza Meatball soup

0 comments:

Post a Comment