MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Easy Bruschetta



Last Sunday night I cooked for my boyfriend and planned to make three things I have never made before. They were all successful! I am going to post each recipe in a new blog post. I am starting out with Bruschetta.
This was made first as an appetizer of course you have to like tomatoes to enjoy this. Which Jeremy isn't a fan but he ate some anyways to be nice. :) I also made 6 instead of 12. :)

Hunt's Easy Bruschetta


Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins
Makes 12 servings


1 French baguette (18 inches long), cut into 3/4 inch slices
1/4 cup virgin olive oil, divided
1 can (14.5 ounces) Hunt's petite diced tomatoes drained. ( I used a grocery store brand)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 package (2/3 ounces) fresh basil, chopped (about 1/3 cup)

Preheat oven 350. Place slices of bread on a baking sheet; brush tops with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake for 10 mins until lightly toasted.

Combine tomatoes, garlic, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and basil in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Spread tomato mixture evenly over toasted bread. Serve immediately.

Photos from this recipe Bruschetta Pics

0 comments:

Post a Comment