Create a playlist at MixPod.com
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Panini with Fresh Mozzarella and Basil
This is the first Panini I have ever made. It was so yummy! At least I thought so. I made this with the three part meal I made a few weekends ago for Jeremy. I used his George Foreman indoor grill to make this Panini.
1/2 Cup Vinaigrette
1 Loaf (16 ounces) Italian Bread cut in half lengthwise. (I just bought french bread and only used half the loaf.
6 Ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 slices (I just bought slice cheese and used two for each two Panini's
8 Ounces thinly sliced oven roasted deli turkey
12 to 16 fresh whole basil leaves
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (optional)
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Preheat indoor grill.
2.Brush vinaigrette evenly over both cut sides of bread. Arrange cheese evenly over bottom half of bread; top with turkey, basil, tomato and onion. Sprinkle evenly with red pepper flakes. Cover with top half of bread and press down firmly, Cut crosswise into 4 sandwiches or 2.
3.Place sandwiches on grill (family-size grill will cook two sandwiches at a time); close lid and cook 5 to 7 mins or until cheese melts.
4. Place on serving platter and cover lightly with foil. Repeat with remaining sandwiches if you choose to make more then 2.
Makes 4 Servings.
Photos from this recipe! Panini
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment