I did this one night a few months ago when no one knew what they wanted to do for dinner and I was starving. I had some asparagus in the fridge and some eggs.So I went through my cookbooks for a recipe. I was pleasantly surprised with the yummy mixture of the two. It was amazing! No Pictures for this one though.
From Cookbook Mama Mia- Italian Food like Mamma used to make -Frank Bordoni
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Ingredients:
2lbs fresh asparagus
salt
6 tbsp. Butter
2 oz. Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
4 Eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 375. Trim the coarse, whitish ends from the asparagus spears. Boil the asparagus in salted water for about ten minutes. If you can keep the heads above the surface of the water, then do; steamed, they have a better chance of remaining intact.
2. Grease the bottom of a flat, ovenproof dish with a third of the butter. It should be large enough to accommodate the asparagus in two layers only.
3. When the asparagus has cooked, arrange it in the dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and dot with the remaining butter. Bake until the cheese and butter form a light brown crust-about ten minutes.
4. In the meantime, fry the eggs carefully. You must not break the yolks. (Which I did but it was still yummy!) To serve, divide the asparagus into four portions on heated plates. Slide a fried eggs over each portion. The crusty, cheesy asparagus is dipped in the egg yolks and eaten without cutlery.( I used a fork!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment