Yay! I made something new! This was delicious! I served it to my parents and grandparents tonight. It took two casserole dishes though. I have one full one left. Whew! What I like about this recipe is it has bunch of veggies in it. I added mushrooms, green bell pepper, and tomatoes. I also put beef in the recipe instead of Italian Sausage because I hate Italian Sausage. haha Okay on to the recipe! Make sure to have a large bowl! Serve with a Salad and Italian or French Bread.
Hearty Noodle Casserole
1 pound Italian Sausage, Casting Removed or Ground Beef
1 Jar (26 1/2 ounces) pasta sauce (I used the 2lb 13oz size jar)
2 cups (16 ounces) ricotta or cottage cheese)
1 package (12 ounces) extra wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mozzarella Cheese, Divided (I used Italian Blend Cheese)
1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms (Drain the liquid out of the can)
1 can chopped tomatoes (Drain the liquid out of the can)
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
Chopped Fresh Basil
1.Preheat Oven to 350 F. Cook Sausage or beef in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat, until cooked through. Drain Fat.
2. Combine sausage or beef, pasta sauce, ricotta cheese, cooked noodles, half of mozzarella cheese or Italian Blend, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, and chopped bell pepper in a large bowl. Spoon into 3-quart or 13x9 inch baked pan. Top with leftover remaining mozzarella or Italian blend cheese.
3. Bake, uncovered, about 25 mins or until heated through. Garnish with Basil.
Serving size 4 to 6.
4 comments:
Ohhhhman, that looks absolutely delicious :D. I need to go to grocery shopping one of these days so I can cook these myself. Thanks for posting the recipe, Chrissy ♥ !
hehe you should Asuka! xD Oh if you ever want help making something I have cooked I will be gladly to help you out. :D Just let me know and we can get together and cook. You are welcome. I love my cooking blog and happy people are viewing it and commenting and and and using the recipes. <3
I had a feeling "Wafflesaurus" was Suka, asians and their waffles, sheesh.
Don't make fun of Asians and their Waffles Jeremy! They make some damn good Waffles. xD
Post a Comment