Create a playlist at MixPod.com
Thursday, May 6, 2010
:D The Very Delightful Ratatouille! Not made with a real rat.
THIS WAS SO AMAZING! Everyone loved it. I loved it! It's so healthy too. :) And I have been losing weight because of my cooking. This was so delicious! If you can get past to cutting of the veggies it is so worth making. I will defiantly will cook this again. I made this for 6 people so I doubled anything. It was very nice to just putting everything in the crock pot and let it cook on low and not have to do anything else but cook the pasta and bread. We served this with a zinfandel wine and ciabatta bread.
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's Condensed Tomato Soup (Reg or healthy request)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 5 cups)
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 medium red pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
1 Large onion, sliced (about 1 cup) (We used a diced onion)
1 clove garlic, minced (use a garlic press)
Penne pasta cook and drained
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Stir soup, olive oil, black pepper, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, onion and garlic in 4 to 5 1/2 quart slow cooker.
2. cover and cook on low 5 1/2 to 6 hours* or until vegetables are tender.
3. Serve over pasta with cheese
Makes 4 servings
came from the cookbook cooking for less pasta
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That looks very delicious. I knew it would turn out good. :) I love pastas. I want some! ;-) haha.
How was the wine?
It was delicious! It turned out great. I love pasta too. :D I wish I could mail you some. haha
The wine was good with the meal. I am being to like wine now. I use to not like it. But I can stand it now. :D
Christina, I got a beautiful, fresh eggplant at a farmers market yesterday. I'm going to make your ratatouille today. I'll let you know what I think.:-)
We really liked it. It was very good. Tom, my son who is studying culinary arts, liked it, too. He had never had ratatouille.
Post a Comment