MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Baked Spaghetti Delish!

So this was my first time ever boiling noodles. Did you know that on almost every box of noodles they don't tell you what setting you are suppose to put the stove on. I was stupid and instead of looking it up on Google like I should of I just kept it on high. The noodles came out okay except for the ones stuck in the bottom of the pot! *face palm* So I just did look it up and will post the instructions along with the recipe. With cooking there will always be little mistakes. Okay now to review the dish! I thought it was very yummy and really easy to make. You basically just start making regular spaghetti but just throw it in a casserole dish and put it in the oven. Now I have to say I cooked my first ground beef in a skillet. I am so proud of myself. :) I also loved that you can use any spaghetti sauce you want for this. I was in awe at the grocery store from all the choices! I ended up with Ragu's Parmesan and Romano. I know they say use a 16 once jar but a little more wouldn't hurt it. I felt there wasn't enough sauce with just a 16 ounce. Next time I will add much more. When me and Jeremy got done there was so much left that we decided to take it to my parents house and serve it to my parents and grandparents. I also made a bread salad which I will post the recipe for that. We also just bought some Italian bread and used the mix of Italian cheeses we got for the grocery store and butter slices and added the cheese and put the bread in the oven to just melt the cheese. A great way to fix up Italian Bread! 


Here are the instructions for boiling noodles! 




  1. 1
    In your 3 quart pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.

  2. Step2
    Add a teaspoon of kosher salt and a big drop of olive oil.

  3. Step3
    Throw in your noodles and with a fork, gently bend the noodles so they are all fully immersed in the water.

  4. Step4
    Boil for 1 minute

  5. Step5
    Turn your burner to its lowest setting, place the lid on the pot and let sit for 10 minutes





The Recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 pound lean ground beef
1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (we used Ragu Parmesan and Romano)
1 pound spaghetti
1 cup shredded Natural Italian Mix 4 Cheese (Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, Romano)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In large skillet, cook hamburger until brown. Mix spaghetti sauce into skillet. Reduce heat and simmer.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Mix in pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. Mix together spaghetti and meat mixture, pour into 9x13 pan. Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.

This spaghetti serves about 10 people. We have four slices left from the 6 people who ate it. :D So if you make it freeze the rest you don't eat!



I got this recipe from All Recipes

0 comments:

Post a Comment