MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Pasta with Eggplant and Balsamic Vinegar



OMG this is sooooooo yummy! And I didn't miss the meat with the cooked eggplant. I also love the flavor of the balsamic vinegar on it. I also added my favorite salad dressing in there too: Kraft Olive Oil Basil Parmesan Vinaigrette. :)


Ingredients:

2 or 3 Small Eggplant ( about 1 pound)
salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 pound penne pasta
1/2 cup crumbled feta
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

1. Peel the eggplant, cut into small cubes, and salt them.

2. Bring a large pot of water to boil for pasta ( Make sure to salt the water! And add Olive oil) While waiting for water to boil. Put olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.When hot, add the eggplant, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, golden, and slightly crisp on all sides. About 5 to 10 mins. Then Add 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic and cook stirring constantly, until soft and turning golden, about less than a minute. Add the 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar; give a good stir and let it bubble until it thickens slightly but doesn't evaporate, just a few seconds.  Remove from heat and put in a bowl and set aside.

3. When water has boiled cook the pasta until tender not mushy. When it's done, drain it. Toss the pasta and eggplant together and drizzle some olive oil, a few sprinklings of black pepper, and 1/2 cup of feta cheese. Garnish with the basil and serve.

1 comments:

Wafflesaurus said...

Ohhh, eggplants? I haven't had any in a while, so this will definitely be a great dish :]. Will definitely try out when I go grocery shopping ♥.

Post a Comment